Monday, November 14, 2016
Windstream’s next-generation television service is now available in 13 North Carolina communities. More than 50,000 residents across Albemarle, Badin, China Grove, Concord, Harrisburg, Hemby Bridge, Indian Trail, Kannapolis, Matthews, Mooresville, Mt. Pleasant, New London and Oakboro can now sign up for Kinetic, which uses 100 percent fiber-backed network to provide an enhanced viewing experience.
“Our ability to offer customers new services and technologies that best meet their needs continues to be our top priority,” said Sarah Day, president of consumer and small business for Windstream. “Earlier this year we announced 1-Gig service to North Carolina residents. The launch of Kinetic marks an important next step in our continued commitment to providing North Carolina residents with access to high-quality TV and Internet experiences.”
Kinetic is powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform and offers a wide array of features and the highest quality video entertainment for users to enjoy including:
• High Definition (HD) Channels: Get the TV you love on the stations you know. All packages include HD channels.
• Free Whole Home DVR: Enjoy watching recorded shows in any room at any time. Record, pause, fast-forward and rewind live TV. Plus, record up to 4 shows at once.
• Wireless Set Top Box (for additional TVs): Limit wire clutter and enjoy the freedom to watch TV in any room in your house without worrying about cable ports.
• Video On-Demand: Choose from an extensive library of great entertainment including new releases, shows for kids, and hit TV series.
• Instant Channel Change: Surf 270+ channels with no lag between channel changes.
• Exclusive savings when you bundle services: Bundle Kinetic TV with High-Speed Internet and unlimited phone and save.
• Free professional installation: Experienced technicians will install your service, free of charge.
• Kinetic on the Go: Watch your favorite shows from anywhere using your computer, laptop or smartphone.
Kinetic is available as a bundled service with Windstream’s High-Speed Internet and telephone services. Customers can sign up for Windstream’s Kinetic Preferred Bundle plus 1-Gig high-speed Internet for $99.99 per month for the first year.
North Carolina is the fourth Kinetic market following successful launches in Lincoln, Neb.; Lexington, Ky., and Sugar Land, Texas, in 2015 and 2016. Together with the launch of 1-Gig service, North Carolina has become one of Windstream’s most connected communities. For more information, visit Windstream.com/kinetic