Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Say hello to our new customer referral program, our latest way of showing our appreciation to our loyal customers!
Save for a few rules, the program will let you earn a $100 bill credit — split $20 over five months — for every successful referral. Your successful customer referral will also earn a $50 bill credit — our way of saying thanks for joining the family!
So, what counts as a successful referral? To start, you must be a Windstream customer. Your referrals cannot already be a Windstream customer and cannot have already engaged our sales representatives about starting Windstream services. While your friends can purchase any Windstream products and services, one must be our Kinetic Internet, which has speeds up to One GIG in qualifying areas; they’ll have to remain a customer for 30 days after installation and have had paid their first bill.
Note that you’ll earn your rewards about 45 days after your friend’s high-speed Internet has been installed, provided they meet the other conditions.
Simple enough, right? Here’s how to be on your way to collecting those bill credits with our Refer-A-Friend program:
1. If you’re already a customer, you’ve likely received an email from our Kinetic by Windstream team, prompting you to sign up at refer.windstream.com/register to start earning rewards. New customers will receive the email once service is installed.2. Once you complete registration, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a verification code that you’ll insert on the registration page, or you can simply click the “Confirm Email” button.
3. Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you’ll get a Welcome email from our team, and you’ll be able to log on to the Referral webpage.
4. From there, you’ll see the “My Account” page, where you can begin making referrals and check the status of them. You have five different options to do so: email, Facebook, Twitter, personal URL and printing cards.
With the “Personal URL” option, we will generate a URL that you can then hand out to your friends and colleagues. They will insert that URL into their online browser and can start shopping.
The “Print Cards” option will include your information, along with your personal URL. Your friends can then follow the steps above.
And by far the most popular option is email, where you can insert your friends’ names and email addresses, along with a personal message. Note that if you’re referring more than one friend, you’ll have to input each individually.
5. If you chose email as your referral method, your friends will then be prompted through said email to accept the referral. They can then purchase products and services online. Should they choose to purchase by phone or in one of our retail locations, they’ll be provided with a referral ID to share with the sales representative.
6. As our advocate, you’ll get email notices if your referral was not eligible, has accepted the invitation and every other step along the way.
7. You’ll earn your credits after your friend connects service and has paid his or her first bill.
There is no limit to how many referrals you make, nor how long they might take to purchase. Just make sure that they have your referral information when they’re ready to buy!
Also, know that rewards will stack up. As an example, if you refer five friends who all purchase at the same time and become successful referrals, you’ll receive a $100 bill credit for each, for a total of $500. That amount will still be split $20 each for five months, so you’ll have $100 off your bill the first month. If that amount is more than your actual bill, the bill credit will cycle over to the next month and so on, until the credits run out.
And because it is a small world after all, should you and another customer refer the same friend who buys service, the person who made the referral first will cash in.
Ready to get started?